The Affiliate School Program, free to all K–12 schools, is a unique gateway to education resources, events, and tools designed to bring American history to life in the classroom. Our network of schools connects teachers and students to valuable resources, including
- EXCLUSIVE eligibility for our highly competitive Teacher Seminars
- FREE classroom materials and 25% off materials from the History Shop, including Self-Paced Courses
- FREE Traveling Exhibition and 20 free pages (sent as pdf's) from the Gilder Lehrman Collection
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS to participate in the Civil War Essay Contest and the Dear George Washington Contest
- UNLIMITED ACCESS to the Gilder Lehrman Collection and exclusive web content, including Featured Primary Sources, Gilder Lehrman resource lists created by fellow teachers, and more from History by Era
Initially created with the support of the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Gilder Lehrman Affiliate School Program provides free resources and support for teaching and studying American history.